Message from the Supervisor
Learning is the process of constantly updating in an ever changing world. Today the role of a school is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to empower its students to be lifelong learners and to prepare them to meet the challenges of the competitive world.
At JSS International Middle School, we impart education to match the advancement of technology and globalization with the ethos of moral and ethical principles. We help the children to realize their talents and make them strong enough to stand independently.
Middle School gives the students many opportunities to explore their interests and investigate new ideas. We offer many clubs, activities, sports and a large variety of extracurricular activities. Through the quality of the teaching and learning, the student support and commitment, we create the building blocks of success.
I desire to personally appreciate and thank each and every member of our school family- students, teachers, parents, grandparents, school board, community, for having bestowed their faith and confidence in us. Your faith in us is our driving force.
I would like to end with the words of Albert Einstein – “Imagination is more important than knowledge, for while knowledge defines all that we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.”
May God keep us all safe and healthy!
We are committed to providing high-quality teaching, developing intellectually curious, self-motivated, enthusiastic young individuals with an endearing love of learning. Our teachers have a deep enthusiasm for their subject areas and feed a broad range of talents and interests, expertly guiding pupils through learning.
The Middle Phase focuses on the student’s overall growth.It provides a balanced student-centered curriculum, with strong emphasis on acquisition of 21stcentury skills.
• Collaborate and Cooperate: The school provides powerful opportunities for students to collaborate and learn from each other. Students work cooperatively in small groups to achieve project-based goals which is a powerful strategy to achieve curricular objectives. Teacher collaboration increases strategies available to them in their pedagogical toolboxes.
• Experiment and Innovate: We use experimentsto introduce new ideas or to clarify puzzling aspects of topics.Innovative teaching methods are used tohelp students learn better. A variety of tools and strategies are used to encourage innovative thinking among students, nurturing the skills they need to become innovators themselves.
• 21stcentury skills: The 21stcentury skills not only provide a framework for successful learning in the classroom but ensuresthat students can thrive in a world where change is constant and learning never stops.Critical thinking, problem-solving, reasoning, synthesizing information, research skills, interrogative questioning is an important and integral part of the lessons, with the focus on enhancing perseverance, self-direction, planning, adaptability and taking initiative.
- The curriculum reflects the national agenda parameters, particularly emphasizing innovation, mindfulness, reading skills, STEM programs, UAE Social Studies, and Moral education programs.
- The curriculum is aligned to meet the requirements of international benchmarking including TIMSS and PISA. It is also enriched with links to EXPO 2021 and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
• JSSIS Enrichment and Happy Thursday programs: extend depth and choice through a plethora of activities. The Happy Thursday’s initiative of the Middle School is to help the students find a sense of normalcy during the lockdown brought on by the outbreak of COVID. The effort is to give students a platform to participate and connect with classmates and friends. These afternoons included parent and teacher participation as well. The range of activities is varied, to name a few, ‘Lego Legends’ appealed to designers and builders, ‘Twinning’ appealed to the fashionistas, and ‘Bring your pet to school’ appealed to all!
• Morning Assemblies:The Middle School theme based assembly is the perfect platform for students to develop their oratory and presentation skills, they being the independent directors of the show. The assembly theme is always new and exciting. The icing on the cake is the involvement of grandparents in every assembly.
• Well-being:The well-being of students is of prime concern for us at JSSIS. In order to cater to the needs and interests of our young minds, we have extracurricular activities like music, dance, art and mindfulness sessions on a regular schedule, conducted by the experts in the field.